Twelve postgraduate courses from NUI Galway have been shortlisted in five categories for the gradireland 2019 Higher Education Awards.
The twelve postgraduate courses have been nominated for awards in Best New Course, Best Science Course, and Best Business Course of the Year.
Winners will be announced at the 2019 Higher Education Awards & Symposium on Friday, November at a reception in Dublin.
These awards, now in their ninth year, are the blue riband event for higher education professionals, admissions officers and course providers across the island of Ireland.
The winning courses are judged on the success of the course including employability of graduates, recognition of the course’s quality or ranking by external bodies, research record of academic staff, and providing a good experience for students.
Judges also take feedback from students into consideration when selecting a winner.
Valerie Leahy, Postgraduate Recruitment Officer at NUI Galway, said: “We’re delighted to again make the shortlist for these important national awards.
“It’s great that the calibre of our postgraduate courses is being acknowledged, as is their effectiveness in terms of employability, and interaction with industry and business.”
Over 5,000 postgraduate students (including international students) currently attend NUI Galway, where traditional strengths have been bolstered in recent years by the addition of Research Centres in areas as diverse as Biomedical Engineering, International Human Rights, Digital Media and Film Studies, and Regenerative Medicine.
The courses that have been shortlisted are:
- Best New Course: MSc in AgriBiosciences, Masters in International and Comparative Business Law, MSc in International Accounting and Analytics, MSc in Exercise Physiology and Application in Therapy, and MSc in Cellular Manufacturing and Therapy
- Postgraduate Course of the Year Award in Law: Masters in International and Comparative Business Law
- Postgraduate Course of the Year Award in Business, Finance and Management: MSc Business Analytics and the MSc Digital Marketing
- Postgraduate Course of the Year Award in Computer Science and Technology: MSc in Business Analytics.
- Postgraduate Course of the Year Award in Science: MSc in Medical Physics and MSc (AgriBiosciences).