When do we collect data?
We collect data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Complete an application form on our website.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
What we do with the information
Your personal data is used only for internal record keeping.
Who we share your data with
We do not share personal information with any third party unless required by law to do so.
What are your rights regarding data we have about you?
- The right to access – You have the right to request Galway Daily for copies of your personal data..
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Galway Daily correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Galway Daily to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Galway Daily erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Galway Daily restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Galway Daily’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Galway Daily transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at any of the email addresses listed at the bottom of this page.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information on cookies and how to remove them, visit: allaboutcookies.org
Google collects anonymous information about our users and is fully compliant with GDPR guidelines. Through analytics, we can see the age range of our users, and the general region (ie. Galway, Dublin, Limerick) from which they have accessed our website pages.
OUR VALUES AND STANDARDS
As a member publication of the Press Council of Ireland, Galway Daily fully supports the work of the Press Council of Ireland and the Office of the Press Ombudsman.
Galway Daily saff operate within the Code of Practice set out by the Press Council and Press Ombudsman.
The Code of Practice sets the benchmark for Galway Daily’s ethical values, standard of reporting and editorial policy.
The Code can be found at the link below: