The HPSC has been informed of the deaths of two more people with Covid-19 today, and 66 new cases have been confirmed.
The total death toll of Covid-19 patients in Ireland now stands at 1,652 with the denotification of 1 death following validation of data.
There have also now been a total of 24,990 confirmed cases from the coronavirus pandemic in Ireland.
Just two new cases were confirmed in Galway today, bringing the total count of Covid-19 cases in the county to 478.
Today’s data from the HPSC, as of midnight, Friday 29 May (24,924 cases), reveals:
- 57% are female and 43% are male
- the median age of confirmed cases is 48 years
- 3,283 cases (13%) have been hospitalised
- of those hospitalised, 408 cases have been admitted to ICU
- 7,963 cases are associated with healthcare workers
- Dublin has the highest number of cases at 12,042 (48% of all cases) followed by Cork with 1,477 cases (6%) and then Kildare with 1,416 cases (6%)
- of those for whom transmission status is known: community transmission accounts for 39%, close contact accounts for 58%, travel abroad accounts for 2%