The deaths of 9 people with Covid-19 have been reported to the Department of Health today, along with 59 new confirmed cases.
The death toll from the Covid-19 pandemic now stands at 1,651 people, while there have been a total of 24,929 confirmed cases in the state.
But in Galway there were no new confirmed cases of Covid-19 reported today.
Validation of data by the HPSC has resulted in the denotification of three deaths, reflected in the national figure.
Today’s data from the HPSC, as of midnight, Thursday 28 May (24,870 cases), reveals:
- 57% are female and 43% are male
- the median age of confirmed cases is 48 years
- 3,279 cases (13%) have been hospitalised
- of those hospitalised, 408 cases have been admitted to ICU
- 7,955 cases are associated with healthcare workers
- Dublin has the highest number of cases at 12,031 (48% of all cases) followed by Cork with 1,472 cases (6%) and then Kildare with 1,416 cases (6%)
- of those for whom transmission status is known: community transmission accounts for 39%, close contact accounts for 58%, travel abroad accounts for 2%