This is a challenging time for food businesses of all stripes in Ireland, who are dealing with a complete shift in the way people consume amid the coronavirus pandemic.
To help support local food businesses, and help them find new ways to reach the market, the Local Enterprise Offices in Galway, Mayo, and Roscommon have teamed up for a free webinar this month.
The online event will examine the challenges and opportunities currently in the food market, taking place at 4:30pm on April 16.
In order to keep things “manageable” on this video call, a limit of 50 participants has been set for the conference.
There’s no charge, but a place must be reserved at the link here: https://bit.ly/34frzfr
The following contributors will be online for the webinar:
- Elaine Moyles, A/Head of Enterprise Local Enterprise Office Mayo will provide an update on LEO and other supports in relation to Covid-19 impact in the food sector
- Carmel Biggane of Supervalu will outline what’s happening at retail level and where might food opportunities lie
- With online food sales up 10 fold, Amazon seller John Jenkins will help us understand where the opportunities are
- Former Investment Banker, Yvonne Scully will help us understand “Business continuity, cash flow management and bank schemes” with the latest up to date information
- Food expert James Burke has been working with dozens of producers for the last 10 days and will summarise some of the opportunities and experiences he is seeing emerging with others.
“While we will have experts online to handle queries, this is going to be more about the regional food community (Galway, Mayo and Roscommon) sharing tips and knowledge.
“Ideally we will focus on helping each other, and pinpointing opportunities,” the event page says.
If you would like to find out additional information, or have any questions on the event, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.