The Kerry under 16 ladies football team who face Galway tonight (Wednesday, 25th July) in the All-Ireland final are unchanged from the side that beat Kildare 6-18 to 4-16 after extra-time in the semi-final.
Siofra O’Shea scored a hat-trick against the Lilywhites while Danielle O’Leary and substitute Ciara McCarthy were also among the goal scorers for Rory Kilgallen’s side who also put up high scores against Cork and Tipperary in the Munster championship.
Galway are the defending champions but Kerry were All-Ireland winners in 2015 and 2016 and are seeking their fourth title since 2011.
The Kingdom also beat the Tribesgirls in the 2016 under 14 semi-final but two of their starting team (Ciara Butler and captain Rachel O’Dwyer) played in the 2017 All-Ireland under 14 final when Galway exacted revenge.
Galway face Kerry in the 2018 All-Ireland under 16 ladies football final on Wednesday, 25th July. Throw-in at Toomevara is 7.30pm.
- Ciara Butler (Castlegregory)
- Maud Kelly (Fossa)
- Rachel O’Connor (Corca Dhuibhne)
- Ava Doherty (Glenflesk)
- Gemma Kearney (Castleisland Desmonds)
- Rachel Dwyer © (Southern Gaels)
- Aoife Dillane (Austin Stacks)
- Mary O’Connell (Na Gaeil)
- Aisling O’Connell (Ballymacelligott)
- Rachel Kilgallen (John Mitchells)
- Danielle O’Leary (Rathmore)
- Ella Teahan (Milltown/Listry)
- Clodagh Evans (Milltown/Listry)
- Siofra O’Shea (Southern Gaels)
- Mary Collins (Rathmore)