Galway 2020 operations director resigns

0
332
Galway daily news Galway 2020 unveils new programme

Galway 2020 is seeking a new Operations Director after the resignation of Damien Egan who had held the post.

Mr Egan was responsible for the day to day running of the Galway 2020 project with a broad spectrum of responsibilities.

He is returning to work in the corporate sector where he was employed for many years before joining the Capital of Culture Project.

In a statement Galway 2020 thanked Mr Egan for his work, and said only that he is going to work with one of Galway’s “newest multinational companies”

The organisation is advertising for a replacement for his role, with the deadline for applications on May 10.

This is the latest changing of the guard among senior management at the Capital of Culture Project which saw multiple resignations last year.

These frequent turnovers, along with funding issues, raised concerns about the future of Galway 2020 with the projected budget down from €47 million in the bid book to €39 million now.

There was welcome news earlier this week as the county council announced that it was committing an additional €2 million to the project, doubling the initial level of funding it provided.

CEO Patricia Philbin said that this additional funding would allow them to put on an “ambitious series of large-scale” projects under the guidance of Creative Director Helen Marriage.

She also expressed her hope that this would “encourage others to come forward and ensure a lasting legacy that will benefit Galway for many years to come”.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here