Galway City East now has the highest 14-day COVID-19 rate in the county despite the rate in the local electoral area falling slightly to 549 cases per 100,000 inhabitants.
Tuam LEA had the highest rate in Galway for three weeks and is now the second most affected area, with 403.7 cases per 100,000 people.
The incidence rate in the east of the city now is more than double that recorded in Galway City West LEA, the latest data shows.
Conamara North has the lowest rate in the county at 180.3, while Conamara South has a 14-day rate of 342.1 cases per 100,000 people after 71 cases were recorded in the region over two weeks.
The rate in Loughrea LEA is now 284.2, while in Ballinasloe LEA it has decreased slightly since last week to 313.1.
At the time the data was recorded, the incidence rate over two weeks in the Republic was 319 cases per 100,000 people. This has since fallen to 292.8.
14-day Covid rates per 100k population | Number of cases (14 days)
- Galway City East 549 | 146 cases
- Tuam 403.7 | 134 cases
- Galway City Central 382 | 102 cases
- Conamara South 342.1 | 73 cases
- Ballinasloe 313.1 | 88 cases
- Loughrea 284.2 | 66 cases
- Galway City West 256.2 | 65 cases
- Gort – Kinvara 234 | 55 cases
- Athenry – Oranmore 222.3 | 73 cases
- Conamara North 180.3 | 31 cases
Data taken from 26/01/2021 to 08/02/2021