There have been three more deaths of people with Covid-19 reported to the Department of Health today, along with 8 new confirmed coronavirus cases.
However the number of cases in Galway stayed flat for the third day in a row, with the city and county total remaining at 486.
There have now been 1,710 deaths due to the coronavirus in the Republic of Ireland, out of a total of 25,341 confirmed cases.
Validation of data by the HPSC has resulted in the denotification of two deaths and one previously confirmed cases, which is reflected in the national totals.
Dr. Tony Holohan, Chief Medical Officer said “The National Public Health Emergency Team will meet tomorrow to continue its review of Ireland’s ongoing response and preparedness to COVID-19.”
“NPHET’s advice in relation to rephasing of the Roadmap for Reopening Society and Business will be reviewed, in the context of ongoing suppression of the disease in the community and overall compliance with public health measures.”
Today’s data from the HPSC, as of midnight, Monday 15 June (25,333 cases), reveals:
- 57% are female and 43% are male
- the median age of confirmed cases is 48 years
- 3,278 cases (13%) have been hospitalised
- of those hospitalised, 417 cases have been admitted to ICU
- 8,144 cases are associated with healthcare workers
- Dublin has the highest number of cases at 12,235 (48% of all cases) followed by Cork with 1,535 cases (6%) and then Kildare with 1,435 cases (6%)
- of those for whom transmission status is known: community transmission accounts for 37%, close contact accounts for 60%, travel abroad accounts for 2%
Dr Ronan Glynn, Deputy Chief Medical Officer at the Department of Health said that the country’s recovery rate from the virus is 92%.
“This and other indicators such as the reproductive number, hospital admissions and ICU admissions are stable or moving in the right direction.”
“This is good news that has been achieved through the collective efforts of every person who has followed public health advice.”