Six more people have died after being diagnosed with COVID-19 in the Republic of Ireland and 39 additional cases have been confirmed.
The total number of people in the State who have died after testing positive is now 1,645, while the number of cases has risen to 24,876.
In Galway, three more cases have been confirmed, as of midnight on Wednesday, meaning there have now been 476 people confirmed to have contracted the virus in the county.
Speaking today, Dr. Tony Holohan said: “As we approach the last week of Phase 1 it is encouraging to see ICU and hospital admissions declining, the number of new cases remaining stable and a 90% recovery rate in the community.
“Moving into next week, I would urge everyone to look back at the progress we have made over the past number of weeks and maintain our efforts to suppress COVID-19 into the future.”
Dr. Ronan Glynn, Deputy Chief Medical Officer,encouraged people to enjoy the warm weather within recommended guidelines over the Bank Holiday Weekend.
“Public health advice currently recommends outdoor meetings of up to 4 people outside of your household, at a physical distance of 2 metres and within 5km of your home,” he said.
|Total number of cases
|Total number hospitalised
|Total number admitted to ICU
|Total number of deaths
|Total number of healthcare workers
|Number clusters notified
|Cases associated with clusters
These statistics were measured at midnight on Wednesday 27 May.