The Department of Health has reported four further deaths related to Covid-19, bringing the death toll from the coronavirus pandemic in Ireland to 1,608 people.
Another 57 confirmed cases of Covid-19 have also been reported to the HPSC. There have now been 24,639 confirmed cases in Ireland.
There have been another three cases confirmed in Galway today, bringing the total in the county to 458.
The data from the HPSC, as of midnight, Friday 22 May (24,569 cases), reveals:
- 57% are female and 43% are male
- the median age of confirmed cases is 48 years
- 3,222 cases (13%) have been hospitalised
- of those hospitalised, 394 cases have been admitted to ICU
- 7,819 cases are associated with healthcare workers
- Dublin has the highest number of cases at 11,873 (48% of all cases) followed by Cork with 1,428 cases (6%) and then Kildare with 1,392 cases (6%)
- of those for whom transmission status is known: community transmission accounts for 59%, close contact accounts for 38%, travel abroad accounts for 3%