The Department of Health has been notified of one death of a person with COVID-19 today, along with eight new confirmed cases.
There was one new case confirmed in Galway, bringing the total in the city and county to 486 cases.
The death toll from the COVID-19 pandemic has now reached 1,706 people in the Republic of Ireland, and there have been 25,303 confirmed cases in the state.
Today’s data from the HPSC, as of midnight, Friday 12 June (25,295 cases), reveals:
- 57% are female and 43% are male
- the median age of confirmed cases is 48 years
- 3,279 cases (13%) have been hospitalised
- of those hospitalised, 416 cases have been admitted to ICU
- 8,130 cases are associated with healthcare workers
- Dublin has the highest number of cases at 12,210 (48% of all cases) followed by Cork with 1,533 cases (6%) and then Kildare with 1,432 cases (6%)
- of those for whom transmission status is known: community transmission accounts for 37%, close contact accounts for 60%, travel abroad accounts for 2%