8.1 C
Galway
Home NEWS Poster which terrified dog owners yesterday being investigated

Poster which terrified dog owners yesterday being investigated

Galway City Council is investigating ‘as a matter of urgency’ an unusual poster which appeared yesterday in the city.

The sign appeared on the Long Walk, and warned people to keep dogs on a leash as poision has been put down in the area.

Galway City Council has taken down the ‘bogus’ sign, which is littered with spelling mistakes, and is investigating the matter further today.

The poster suggested that a poison called xylitol was in the area which could result in a life-threatening drop in blood sugar and liver failure.

It also features the logo of the Environmental Protection Agency, but the EPA says it did not give permission for its logo to be used on the sign.

More to follow…

Michael Malone
To get in touch with Galway Daily, email editor@galwaydaily.com
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Over the Edge celebrating its 18th birthday with January Zoom meeting

The January Over the Edge Open reading will take place next week for lovers of poetry and prose to get a nice booster shot...

GMIT launches four new Marine Science scholarships

GMIT has announced the creation of four new scholarships for PhD students studying marine science and biodiversity conservation in the west of Ireland.The Cullen...

Plans submitted for new museum on Inishbofin

Plans have been submitted to the county council for a new museum building on Inishbofin to replace the existing, aging premises.Marie Coyne is seeking...