The Galway-Roscommon Education and Training Board is advertising 18 vacant teaching positions in Galway.
The positions are a mic of full-time, part-time & pro-rata contracts, some of which had been previously advertised but not filled.
Teachers are needed to fill a variety of positions with Maths and Irish being the most desired subjects.
Two of the positions advertised are at schools teaching through Irish in Knocknacarra and on Inís Mór.
Applications close on Friday, November 23 at 12pm.
The full list of vacant positions the GRETB is seeking to fill is as follows:
Galway Community College, Wellpark rd, Galway:
- Afterschool Learning Support Teacher (7.6hrs – Immediate Start)
- English, Communications & SEN (22hrs – Maternity Leave – Commencing December 3, 2018)
- Physical Education & Behavioural Support Teacher (10hrs – Immediate Start)
Archbishop McHale College, Athenry rd, Tuam:
- English (16hrs – Maternity Leave – Commencing December 9, 2018)
- Maths (22hrs – Maternity Leave – Commencing December 3, 2018)
- German (22hrs – Maternity Leave – Commencing December 3, 2018)
St. Killian’s College, New Inn:
- French (18hrs -Maternity leave – Commencing December 3, 2018)
Galway Technical Institute, Fr Griffin rd, Galway (re-advertisement):
- Nursing Studies (11 hrs – Maternity Leave – Commencing November 9, 2018)
- Maths and General QQI (Up to 11 hrs – PRPT – Commencing November, 2018)
- Science/Nutrition/Sports Massage (Up to 22 hrs – Part-time substitute cover – Commencing November, 2018)
Clarin College, Athenry:
- Irish (22hrs – Maternity Leave – Commencing November, 2018)
Claregalway College, Clargalway (re-advertisement):
- Maths (Maternity Leave – Commencing December 3, 2018 – May 31, 2019)
- Maths & Learning Support (22hrs – Maternity Leave – Commencing December 3, 2018 – May 31, 2019)
- Home Economics (Maternity Leave)
Youthreach Tuam, Ballygaddy rd, Tuam (re-advertisement):
- Irish (22 hrs – Maternity Leave – Commencing November 2018 – May 25, 2019)
Merlin College, Doughiska rd, Galway:
- Resource/English/Possibly Maths (22hrs – Commencing December 1, 2018)
The following two teaching positions are taught through Irish. Anyone who wishes to apply must have the Irish requirement as per Circular Letter 21/00 issued by the Department of Education.
Coláiste na Coiribe, Ballymoneen rd, Knocknacarra:
- Business, Enterprise & Maths (21.3hrs – Maternity Leave)
Coláiste Naomh Eoin, Inis Meáin (re-advertisement):
- Metalwork (18hrs – Immediate start)
In addition to Galway’s schools, the GRETB is seeking to fill teaching positions at Roscommon Community College, Abbey Community College, and Castlerea Prison.
Details for all of these can be seen, and applications made at the GRETB website.
Candidates will be chosen on the basis on an interview process.
Teachers with the GRETB applicants must be registered with the Teaching Council of Ireland and have completed Garda vetting.
Anyone who wishes to apply for more than one position must fill out separate application forms for each.
Late applications will not be accepted, nor will forms that are faxed or emailed in.