Over €390,000 has been allocated to ten voluntary and community sector organisations in Galway to help deal with the impact of Covid-19.
The allocation is the fourth from a €40 million funding package for voluntary groups, charities and social enterprises.
The Stability Scheme provides short-term cash flow support to organisations in the community voluntary sector, such as Croí and Tuam Cancer Care which provide services and support to people across Galway and the West.
Due to Covid-19, income and revenue has dropped sharply and the funding aims to help support the ongoing work of these organisations.
The ten Galway organisations to receive funding are:
- Croí – West of Ireland Heart and Stroke Foundation – €200,000
- Claregalway and District Day Care Centre – €34,651
- Galway Telework – €9,106
- Amach LGBT – €15,214
- Tuam Cancer Care – €29,974
- Act for Meningitis Limited – €33,258
- Independent Living Ireland – €2,345
- Galway Head Injury Support – €6,142
- Ballinasloe Social Services – €25,374
- Galway Autism Partnership – €34,204
This latest round of funding is in addition to funding provided in June, July and September under the Scheme.