Galway International Oyster and Seafood Festival has been named as the best autumn festival in Europe by a leading travel website.
Big 7 Travel has published a list of the 25 best autumn festivals in Europe, with the local Galway festival being chosen to top the list of fantastic European events.
Also included in the top ten are Csabai Sausage Festival in Békéscsaba, Hungary; Eurochocolate in Perugia, Italy; and The Great British Food Festival in Yorkshire, England.
Big 7 says that it took suggestions from its audience as well as contributions from its editorial team, while following certain criteria for the ranking.
The criteria ranged from must-try dishes, original and postponed festival dates and attendance numbers.
Big 7 Travel’s TOP 10 BEST AUTUMN FESTIVALS IN EUROPE 2021
- Galway International Oyster and Seafood Festival, Galway (Ireland)
- Csabai Sausage Festival, Békéscsaba (Hungary)
- Eurochocolate, Perugia (Italy)
- The Great British Food Festival, Yorkshire (United Kingdom)
- The International White Truffle Festival, Alba (Italy)
- Oktoberfest, Munich (Germany)
- Fiesta del Marisco, O Grove (Spain)
- Kookeet, Bruges (Belgium)
- Montmartre Grape Harvest Festival, Paris (France)
- Helsinki Herring Festival, Helsinki (Finland)