There will be significant disruption to rail travel between Dublin and Galway this weekend due to line improvement engineering works taking place.
An number of trains on Saturday in particular will be operating as bus transfers between Dublin and Athlone due to works taking place on the line.
Travel from Westport to Heuston will also be affected to a lesser degree by the line works this weekend.
The full schedule of disruptions for Galway-Dublin rail travel this weekend scheduled by Irish Rail is:
- 17.30 Heuston/Galway service will also stop at Monasterevin
- 18.30 Heuston/Galway service will operate a bus transfer from Heuston to Clara and Athlone, second bus from Monasterevin to Portarlington, Clara and Athlone, train at 20.30hrs from Athlone to Galway
- 19.35 Heuston/Galway service will be bus transfers direct from Heuston to Athlone, second bus from Heuston to Tullamore and Athlone, third bus from Portarlington to Tullamore and Athlone, train at 21.25hrs from Athlone to Galway
- 17.20 Galway/Heuston service will operate to Athlone only, bus transfers direct from Athlone to Heuston, second bus from Athlone to Tullamore, Portarlington, Kildare, Newbridge and Heuston
- 19.20 Galway/Heuston will operate to Athlone only, bus transfers direct from Athlone to Heuston, second bus from Athlone to Clara, Tullamore, Portarlington, Monasterevin, Kildare, Newbridge, Sallins and Heuston
Two trains between Heuston and Westport, one going either way which are scheduled for 18:15, will also be operating as bus transfers between Dublin and Athlone.
There will also be some disruption on Sunday, November 29, though not as severe as what is scheduled for Saturday.
The 8am train from Heuston – Galway will be a bus transfer from Dublin to Kildare, with a train the rest of the way from Kildare to Galway at 8:55am.
Later that morning, the 11:40 train service from Dublin to Galway will not stop at Clara, and the 11am Galway to Dublin train will be delayed to 11:35.
The 9:40 service from Westport to Athlone on Sunday will also be delayed to 10:06.