#Sportsmind2018 comes to Galway on Saturday 21st April, organised by AK Events. This will be the fourth event of it’s kind but the first one to venture outside the Pale.
AK Events Ireland is an award winning event that aspires to encourage the mental health conversation through social media and they have said, “We’re back! After three very successful events in Dublin we’ve decided to host our fourth event this April in Galway.”
Their first #Sportsmind2018 event to be held in Galway takes place at 7pm on Saturday 21st April at Halo Nightclub Galway.
Aoife Keane of AK Events, has spoken about the upcoming Galway event,
“Like our previous events we have an amazing panel of speakers who will be telling their own stories about how they manage stress, anxiety & how they’ve dealt with mental health.
Our speakers are from different backgrounds of sports/fitness which really helps us cover all aspects. On the night they discuss their own battles and how sports/fitness has helped them for the better!”
There will be a large panel of speakers in attendance on the night including:
- Sarah Rowe – Mayo Ladies Football & Shelbourne F.C
- Dee Fitz – MMA & Boxer & Personal Coach
- Conor Whelan – Galway Senior Hurler & Young Hurler of the Year 2017
- Eva Butterly – Scoliosis Warrior, Game of Thrones Actress & Personal Trainer
- Daire Curley – Personal Trainer & Gym Owner
- Jason Flynn – Galway Senior Hurler
- Jenni Murphy – Professional Athlete, Personal Coach & Mental Health Advocate
- Damien Comer – Galway Senior Football Captain
- Nathalie Lennon – Fitness Advocate & Personal Trainer
- Doug Leddin – Mental Health Ambassador
- Kieran O’ Malley – Local Galway Blogger & Health Advocate
- Megan Williams – International Rugby Player for Irish Womens 7’s and 15’s Rugby team. Megan is also a health and fitness coach.
These are just some of the speakers who will be in attendance on the night with AK Events set to announce some more via Social Media over the coming weeks. You can follow AK Events on Facebook: www.facebook.com/akeventsirl or on Instagram: @akevents_irl
The main aim of #Sportsmind2018 is to get the Irish Sporting and Fitness Community together in Galway to help raise awareness and conversation about Mental Health in Ireland, the good and bad, both for Men and Women.
“As we’re sure you’re well aware there are both benefits and downfalls to being involved in the Sporting World, but we want to get people talking and let them know it’s OK not to be OK all of the time! Struggles are part of life but your sporting community are behind you as are many others.
You are never alone,” Aoife added before continuing,
“We try to ensure our events are different by creating a comfortable & relaxed atmosphere where guests can mix, network & enjoy their evening.
We feel this is all part and parcel with breaking the stigma attached to mental health.”
#Sportsmind2018 is an over 18’s event that will be held in Halo nightclub in Galway & it is completely FREE to attend but it is limited so people who would like to attend the event are urged to register on Eventbrite.