Six Women’s and Men’s Sheds group in Galway city have been awarded grant funding by the Galway City Local Community Development Committee this week.
The Men and Women’s Sheds Fund in the Galway City LCDC awarded a total of €6,545 for small scale capital projects.
The goal of the funding and the projects that they are supporting is “addressing disadvantage and providing much needed funding to communities across Galway City.”
The receiving grants were identified under the Galway City Local Economic & Community Plan 2015 – 2021.
The Men and Women’s Shed fund for 2019 is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development and administered by Galway City LCDC.
The full list of organisations and the grants they have received is:
- Croí na Gaillimhe SVP – €978: Purchase of equipment for use by the shed in the delivery of a range of programmes/activities
- Salthill Men’s Shed – €1,500: Purchase of equipment to augment existing wood turning equipment
- Ballybane Men’s Shed – €552: Purchase of tools and equipment for restoration work and the up cycling of old furniture.
- Cumann na bhFear Men’s Shed – €357: Purchase of equipment to enhance kitchen facilities
- Shantalla Men’s Shed – €1,616: Purchase of polytunnel and raised wooden beds
- Third Space Galway – Women’s Shed – €1,542: Purchase of ICT equipment for use by the women’s shed in the delivery of a range of services.