The Headford Girls National School is expanding its role in childcare in the local community with the addition of early years and after school care facilities.
The Board of Management at Scoil Mhuire na Dea Comhairle on Church road in Headford is seeking planning permission for an “early years service (0 – 3 years) and after school accommodation.
St. Jarlath’s Diocesan Trust, which owns the land in question, sent a letter of consent to this development in with the planning application.
Headford Girls NS was first opened in 1949 by the Presentation Sisters just over a decade after they arrived in Galway.
Galway County Council is due to make a decision on this planning application by October 10.