9.8 C
Galway
Home NEWS Cemetery Sunday service in Rahoon closed to the public

Cemetery Sunday service in Rahoon closed to the public

The Cemetery Sunday mass taking place at Rahoon Cemetery will not be open to the public Galway City Council has said.

“The annual Cemetery Mass will be held this year on Sunday, 13th September in Rahoon Cemetery at 11.00am,” the city council said on Facebook.

“In agreement with the Diocese, this mass will be held behind closed doors and will not be open to the public.”

However, the service will be live streamed at http://studiorove.ie/graveyardmass/ for people who still wish to participate.

This is the second such mass that has taken place behind closed doors recently due to COVID-19 restrictions.

Public attendance was also barred at the mass in Bohermore cemetery last month, which also streamed online.

Briain Kelly
Email: news@galwaydaily.com
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

COVID-19: 90 deaths and 53 Galway cases today

There have been 90 additional deaths related to COVID-19 reported by the Department of Health today, along with 928 new confirmed cases.Of today's cases,...

Taoiseach confirms new lockdown and travel restrictions

An Taoiseach Michéal Martin has confirmed that Ireland will be in lockdown until at least 5 March.The Taoiseach said the lockdown is having a...

Galway hospitals extend deferral of surgeries and outpatient clinics

Restrictions on face to face outpatient clinics and non-essential surgery in Galway's hospitals have been renewed due to the ongoing pressure caused by the...