More than 1 billion people use Instagram every month, and about 90% of them follow at least one business. That means that in 2021, it will be easy to use Instagram for commercial activities. In just over ten years, Instagram has grown from a photo-sharing application to a center of commercial activity. Brands can host fundraising events on Instagram Live, open stores through their profiles, and allow people to make reservations through their accounts. Updates to new business tools, features, and tips in apps have become almost routine, but there can be many things to track, especially when managing an Instagram business account is just one aspect of your job. Learn how to start a business with Instagram, from setting up a profile from scratch, increasing engagement on Instagram, to measuring your success. You can even use some of the best instagram marketing tools to engage more customers to your business.
How to set up Instagram for a business?
When you switch to a business account, Instagram will ask you to fill in details, such as your contact number, email ID, and address, so that people can contact your business. In addition, you can take some steps to optimize your Instagram business account.
- Edit your Instagram profile to start a business. Your description represents your business and should let your audience know about you and why they should contact you.
- Unlike other social platforms, Instagram does not allow you to add links to posts, so the only option for links in your profile. You can use this link to direct your users to your website, YouTube video, online store-no matter where you want to generate traffic.
- Update your profile picture. The profile picture on the Instagram business page is the best for branding. You can choose to place your logo.
- Make your Instagram name SEO-friendly. Many companies and creators have started adding main business keywords to their names to make them more SEO-friendly.
Update your profile description
When you click Edit profile, a page will appear where you can update your profile. The character limit is 150, and it can contain a combination of words, hashtags, or emojis. In this resume, consider what keywords people will search for when searching for a product or service you own.
Determine your target audience
Who do you want to attract? What will catch your attention? Marketers often try to keep content evergreen, which is an industry term, so that it can be used throughout the year and not specific to events or activities. However, social media is not the place to do this. Everything happens very quickly, and trends change every day. For example, if your target audience includes millennials or Gen Z, relevant memes may apply to your brand. Feel free to use it! For increasing engagement during the start, you can visit the best places to buy Instagram followers.
Share high-quality content to create a visual aesthetic
Instagram is about visual effects, so having a recognizable visual identity is very important. Try to set a repeating pillar theme that you can switch. If you provide services, try to show the customer story or highlight the office life and the people who make your business run behind the scenes.
- Take great photos. To make Instagram work for your business, you need to have great photos.
- When it comes to Instagram photography, your phone is your best friend because you can post directly from your device.
- Use tools to help you. Edit your photos. Editing tools can help you maintain beauty, add frames or logos, and even create infographics and other original content.
- Write attractive headlines. Instagram can be a visual platform, but that doesn’t mean you can ignore your captions. The story that makes the photo meaningful.
- Create inclusive content. Branded content is most effective when people can imagine using your product or service. It is even harder to do this if people feel that they are not recognized.
Set goals to achieve with this account
Instagram’s main marketing goals should be:
Increase brand awareness and engagement conversions.
Below are specific metrics that you can analyze (via Instagram insights) to ensure that you achieve these goals correctly:
- Brand awareness-Follow the growth of readers, the impression, and coverage of posts. Reach is the total number of unique users who viewed your posts.
- You can view a breakdown of where users viewed your posts, such as their feed, by visiting your profile, through hashtags, or in your discovery feed.
- Share and save. For the story, check the view, forward, back, reply, and leave.
- Finally, be sure to track the number of visits to your profile and the number of clicks to your website. This best shows whether your posts and stories are of interest to your brand.
- Track the click-through rate and bounce rate of your call to action or bio link. That helps you understand how effective Instagram content is in stimulating brand interest.
We have included everything you need to know about starting a business with Instagram, from setting up an account to developing a winning strategy.
Remember, what works for one brand on Instagram may not work for another brand. Fortunately, social media platforms are forgiving and provide plenty of room for trial and error.
Now that you have a better understanding of Instagram features and how to create a business account, it’s time to put it all into action.