Explore the Spirit of Entrepreneurship at a free event hosted by GMIT in September, where attendees will hear from a wide range of groundbreaking leaders in their fields.
The ‘Spirit of Entrepreneurship’ event hosted by GMIT’s Innovation Hub, now in its 14th year, a collaboration between this year’s event is a collaboration with the EMPOWER Programme.
EMPOWER Explore will feature a range of high profile male and female entrepreneurs in Ireland and abroad addressing audiences in the online event on September 7.
Speakers for the event include:
- Anne Ravanona | Founder & CEO of Global Invest Her
- Mairead Mackle | Founder & CEO of Tarasis Enterprises
- Brenda Romero | CEO & Games Director of Romero Games Ltd.
- Professor Joyce O’Connor | Founding President of the National College of Ireland and Co-Founder and Chair of BlockW
- Shane McCarthy | Founder & CEO of Irish Craft Beverages
- Victoria Thompson | Co-Founder and CEO at Orora
MC for the virtual event is Susan HayesCulleton, CFA “The Positive Economist”. Pre-registration is required for this free event. Click here to book your place now.
The EMPOWER Programme is a free female entrepreneurship programme which is delivered GMIT Innovation Hubs in the Connacht-Ulster Alliance (CUA) of GMIT, IT Sligo and Letterkenny IT.
It aims to fast track female-led businesses based in the West and North West of Ireland by addressing specific challenges hindering their development.
The programme has two segments, EMPOWER Start for early stage ideas or businesses less than a year and a half old, and EMPOWER Growth for female entrepreneurs in business two years or more.